HRD Academy Policy Papers Released
We’re please to announce the release of policy papers, produced by participants of the HRD Academy, 2020. The papers touch upon a range of human rights-related issues in the Western Balkans, including Freedom of Expression, female empowerment and LGBTI+ rights.
- A Rocky Path to Justice: Police response and prosecution of hate crimes against LGBTI+ people in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Off-Air: Gender representation in the Macedonian TV debate shows during the 2020 Covid-19 pandemic
- Freedom of Expression: The case for media freedoms in Montengero
- Not Everyone’s Voice Echoes Through our Black Mountain: Freedom of Expression in Montenegro
- Is Love Equal Before the Law: Same-sex relationships in the Serbian legal framework
- Stuck in the Middle: Women’s political participation as legal ambiguity in Kosovo
- Impact of Online Media Regulation on Albania’s EU Accession Bid
- Speaking Truth to Power: An Antidote to Hate Speech
The HRD Academy is held annually, allowing young activists to learn from experts and gain practical experience on human rights issues impacting the Western Balkans. The 2020 class began in November 2020 with a 8-day online programme.
Over the past few months, participants compiled these policy papers with the support of mentors and human rights experts from the region.