Webinar: Together for Sami rights and consideration for nature in Sápmi
Welcome to a webinar on the natural resources and human rights issues in Sápmi, focusing on the current situation and how we can act together.
Civil Rights Defenders and the Swedish Society for Nature Conservation (Naturskyddsföreningen) invite you to a webinar on the natural resources and human rights issues in Sápmi. From the Sami representatives perspectives, we’ll discuss how Sami organisations, the environmental movement and other parts of civil society can act together to guarantee the Sami people real influence as well as protecting the nature in Sápmi.
Time: Tuesday 27/10 at 11.00–12.30.
Participate: Click here to participate.
Jonas Vannar, Sirges Sameby
Karin Nutti Pilflykt, Sáminuorra
Susanna Israelsson, Sáminuorra
Josefina Skerk, Sami Parliament, Hunting and Fishing Sami
Tomas Sevä, Muonio sameby
Johanna Nilsson, business developer Naturbyddsföreningen Norrbotten
Regan Mcenroe, Field Biologists and more
Tilda Pontén, Civil Rights Defenders Lawyer
- Introduction: John Stauffer, Legal Director at Civil Rights Defenders and Louise Karlberg, Director of Forestry and Agriculture at the Swedish Society for Nature Conservation.
- Natural resource utilisation and Sámi rights: Sámi representatives on the current situation regarding Sámi rights and exploitation of natural resources in Sápmi.
- What is happening in civil society? Nature and Youth Sweden, Swedish Society for Nature Conservation and Civil Rights Defenders on natural resources and human rights issues they are working on right now.
- Panel discussion – ask questions via the chat.
- How do we proceed? How can we cooperate and act together to guarantee the Sami people real influence and protect the nature in Sápmi?