Civil Rights Defenders söker IT-ansvarig
Följande jobbannons finns endast på engelska.
Civil Rights Defenders is an international human rights organisation based in Sweden that defends people’s civil and political rights in pursuit of our vision: A world of democratic societies in which we all enjoy our civil and political rights. We partner with and support human rights defenders who work in some of the world’s most repressive regions. Through advocacy, litigation, and public campaigns, we advance people’s rights globally. We also act as Sweden’s local civil rights watchdog group.
Our partners regularly turn to us for security advice and training to help them stay safe in dangerous environments and situations. We offer both digital and physical security support through trainings, workshops, and consultancy—either remote, on-site, or in a third country. Support is focused on self-sufficiency and sustainability.
The Civil Rights Defenders HQ in Stockholm, Sweden, has closely to 40 staff and houses many of the support functions our regional and satellite offices rely on. The Stockholm office is, as the location for the core ICT infrastructure, also where the Technology Officer will be stationed.
Areas of Responsibility
Reporting to the director for the Human Rights Defenders at Risk program, the Technology officer is responsible for the daily management and oversight of all elements of Civil Rights Defenders’ ICT infrastructure and initiatives. As part of the ongoing organisational development, the Technology officer will be responsible for planning, structuring, and deploying planned and new ICT infrastructure components. Civil Rights Defenders is currently mainstreaming its ICT infrastructure and work flows, why taking lead on implementations within this process will be a main responsibility.
Additionally, the Technology Officer fills a role as part of the Human Rights Defenders at Risk program’s mission to develop and impement security practices and capacity building measures for local partners. The position may include some travel to Civil Rights Defenders’ local offices, as well as the opportunity to travel globally to work with our partner organisations.
Some of the key activities include:
- Develop and maintain documentation and methods
- User research & education
- Office 365 and Azure AD administration (including process management)
- Identity and access management across the organisation (including field offices)
- Hardware and software purchasing, implementation and maintenance
- Monitoring and maintaining ICT resources (in-house, co-located and virtual)
- Local network and online resources management
- In-house support desk together with the Human Rights Defenders at Risk program and internal security operations
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar
- Or equivalent work experience
- Strong interest in ICT security and willingness to learn more
- Strong technical writing skills (English mandatory; Swedish is a merit)
- Knowledge of security best practices and implementation at an SMB scale
We are especially interested in applicants with:
- Background in IT architecture and project management
- Interest and ability to travel for partner meetings and field work
- Interest in human rights, internet freedom, FLOSS and related topics
- Experience working with Microsoft tools and environments:
- Office 365
- SharePoint and OneDrive
- Active Directory and Azure AD
- Windows Server 2008/2012
- Azure Information Protection
What we offer
By working at Civil Rights Defenders, you get an opportunity to make a difference in the world. You will be working in an international environment with colleagues, from all over the world, who are passionate about their respective areas of expertise.
As an organisation, we strive for diversity and see your background, experience and personality as a contribution to the organisation. We are keen to receive applications from people who consider themselves under-represented in the digital rights and technology communities.
About the position:
- Permanent employment (100%) with an initial six-months probation period
- The position is based at Civils Rights Defenders’ head office in Stockholm, Sweden with potential travel to CRD regions
To apply, submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com no later than 25 January 2019. Please state “Technology Officer” in the subject line. Welcome with your application!
For questions about this position, please contact Marcin de Kaminski, Programme Director. Civil Rights Defenders has a local union club connected to Unionen. The union representative, Anna Pettersson Nulu, can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.