Internship – Human Resources
Do you want to promote human rights in Sweden and globally? Are you interested in learning how to use human resources as a tool in a value-based organisation?
Civil Rights Defenders is an international human rights organisation defending civil and political rights. As part of our Finance Department, HR and Office and are responsible for all human resources processes in close collaboration with our Executive Director and management team. The work includes recruitment, salaries, offices, administration, systematic work environment work and other staff issues.
Tasks and Opportunities
Together with our team, you will assist the department in their daily work. The tasks are varied and include developing and implementing policies, union collaboration, following up on various HR processes and contributing to the planning and organising of our activities and events in Sweden. You work directly with our Human Resources Manager in Stockholm.
During the internship, Civil Rights Defenders will offer opportunities to take part in external events, seminars and meetings and will also arrange internal workshops on relevant topics within our field of work. The focus of the internship will be adapted depending on your skills and talents. The Human Resources Manager will be your supervisor to help, guide and train you during the internship.
We are looking for an intern with some or all these characteristics:
- Degree in or student of human resources, or similar.
- Good knowledge of speaking and writing in Swedish and English.
- The ability to work independently and responsibly.
- Is quality-minded, service-oriented and easy to work with.
- A genuine interest in human rights.
Considered a merit:
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Union or employer training.
- Experience in human resources or service professions.
- Experienced in communication, writing reports, analyses and research.
- Experience in a civil society organisation, whether local, regional, national or international.
- Knowledge about the issues that Civil Rights Defenders works with.
Civil Rights Defenders only accepts interns who have an internship as part of their formal education, if the internship is during studies or follows in direct conjunction with finalised studies or if it is part of a programme related to a public employment service. The internship is unpaid, however local transport costs during the internship period are covered (SL card purchase). Please note: Civil Rights Defenders is unable to assist with the Schengen visa.
The internship, which is located at our head office in Stockholm, starts in mid-January and runs till the beginning of June 2021. The application should be written in Swedish and include a cover letter and a resume. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 22 November 2020. Please write “Internship Application” in the subject line. Interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis, meaning the position could be filled ahead of the deadline.