Civil Rights Defenders is Looking for a Head of Accounting and Reporting
Are you passionate about human rights and want to work in an international environment with colleagues all over the world? Are you interested in developing processes and working in teams?
Then you might be the one we are looking for.
Civil Rights Defenders is a politically and religiously independent international human rights organisation based in Sweden. Our main mission is to defend people’s civil and political rights and support human rights defenders worldwide.
We work with and support human rights defenders in some of the world’s most repressive regions. We carry out advocacy work, legal processes and inform about the human rights situation globally. Civil Rights Defenders have a presence on four continents. At our headquarters, which is located at Sergels Torg in Stockholm, approximately 40 employees work in various functions to support our regional offices, organisations and human rights defenders.
We are working towards taking the Finance Department to the next level – do you want to be part of that journey?
Areas of Responsibility
The Finance Department consists of Accounting and Reporting, Controlling and HR and Office. We are looking for someone to develop and streamline the accounting and reporting work within a growing organisation.
As Head of Accounting and Reporting, you are a key player. The current main focus is to simplify and improve all financial areas in order to get the very best results out of our new ERP system Maconomy.
You have the main responsibility for the organisation’s accounting and reporting in close cooperation with your colleagues in Stockholm as well as the rest of the world.
Some of the key activities include
- Responsible for efficient monthly, quarterly and annual financial processes with high quality.
- Some hands-on accounting and balancing.
- Main contact for our external auditors.
- Responsible for Civil Rights Defenders’ annual report.
- Responsible for reports to various stakeholders.
- Supervising a financial accountant.
- Developing accounting-related processes.
- Contributing to, from an accounting perspective, budget and forecasting processes.
We are especially interested in applicants with
- A Degree of Master of Science in Business and Economics, or similar, with several years working experience in qualified accounting work.
- Solid knowledge in practical accounting work, has worked independently with financial statements and the annual report – preferably with experience from K3.
- Experience in a project-based work, preferably from a non-profit organisation or consultancy-driven work.
- Strong interest in pursuing improvement, big or small.
- Experience in managing ERP systems, such as Maconomy.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and a very experienced Excel user.
- Very good knowledge of Swedish and English, both written and verbal.
About the position
- Permanent employment (100%) with an initial six months probation period.
- The position is based at Civil Rights Defenders’ head office in Stockholm, Sweden.
- The position may include some travel to Civil Rights Defenders’ local offices.
What we offer
We are a small and agile organisation and this position will be a central asset in developing our financial work. You will be a key player in our team as we build the future financial structure for Civil Rights Defenders.
We offer benefits such as wellness contribution and pension provision and insurance according to our collective agreement.
To apply, submit your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30 January 2020. Please state “Head of Accounting and Reporting” in the subject line. Interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis, meaning the position could be filled ahead of the deadline. Welcome with your application!